Live Allusionist alert!
I'll be doing an Allusionist-based stage show at SF Sketchfest, 10pm on 12 January at the Brava Theater in San Francisco.
Tickets are on sale now HERE.
APPLE PODCASTS • RSS • RADIOPUBLIC • MP3
It's the annual bonus episode!
Throughout the year, the people who appear on the show tell me a lot of interesting stuff, not all of which is relevant to the episode they initially appeared in, so I stash it away in preparation for this moment. This year, hear about the history of roller skates, zazzification, giant origami, the heat death of the universe and more.
FEATURING, IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE:
- Greg Jenner, fresh from checking the Dickensian-ness of the San Francisco Dickens Christmas Fair in episode 69: How the Dickens Stole Christmas.
- Stephen Chrisomalis, who taught us a gajillion facts about indefinite hyperbolic numbers in episode 60: Zillions.
- Katie Mack and Manan Arya, who unpicked the pseudo-science-speak in episode 64: Technobabble.
- Caetano Galindo, who explained the trickiness of translation in episode 59: One to Another.
- Kory Stamper, who as a lexicographer documents the ever-shifting English language as detailed in episode 54: The Authority.
The transcript of this episode is at theallusionist.org/transcripts/bonus2017.
In need of an emergency gift for someone special? That just happens to cost nothing?? Get them a hand-picked podcast playlist with a Podcard from RadioPublic. I like this idea.
MAILCHIMP sponsored this episode. I've started using Mailchimp for the Allusionist mailout, The Mailusionist (subscribe here if you want a not-very-regular dose of behind the scenes Allusionist intel!) and have been enjoying playing around with the different options for layouts, photos, embeds and such. The data on whether recipients opened the mail, clicked on links, etc is really useful too, especially if you're selling products or doing email marketing. Get started on Mailchimp for free today at mailchimp.com.
YOUR RANDOMLY SELECTED WORD FROM THE DICTIONARY:
- Martin Austwick makes the music that you hear in every episode. He has a new album out at palebirdmusic.com.
- Find me at facebook.com/allusionistshow, twitter.com/allusionistshow, twitter.com/helenzaltzman and instagram.com/helenzaltzman. And live at SF Sketchfest on 12 January!